Thread: 1974 LJ 50 Soft Top and trailer package

Forum Regular Club Member

1974 LJ 50 Soft Top and trailer package

I'm toying with the idea of downsizing, so maybe it's time to pass the LJ on to someone who has the time to give it the love it needs.

Im not convinced I want to sell, because I love this car, but I just don't have the time for it (it's sailing season you see)

1974 Soft top, in good condition considering its age, but in "used" condition considering the love and care it needs to make it safe for the road. Realistically it's a 41 year old car, and an LJ, and as such it has some typical LJ problems, such as a bit of rust.

comes with roll bar, bikini top, bull bar not fitted, original soft top frame and soft top. And a bunch of spares and stuff I haven't finished yet.

technically it's registered in WA, but I don't drive on the road at the moment. Works great, leaks oil, makes smoke, sounds brilliant, goes anywhere... Almost anywhere....

brinks smiles to everyone, mostly every one, ok brings smiles to man-child's like me and not many others

would need a reasonable amount amount of work to make it safe enough to pass a NSW blue slip or pink slip.

Has a tow bar, but I bent it pulling stumps, fwiw the stump was bigger than the LJ and yes the LJ pulled it no worries, apart from the bent tow bar. Had a tow hook up front , but Wally pulled it off. Has original style bar treads and rims, drum brakes all round. Drum brakes need bleeding and adjustment. Seats are uncomfortably original. New water pump, so that's a good thing. Professionally refurbished and tuned carburettor too. A little hard to start after sitting for a while, but once warmed, starts no worries.

Trailer isn't pretty either, but structurally solid, ramps for LJ, new electric brakes , new axle, new hubs, new yokohama LT tyres on HQ rims, including new spare, New 9 leaf springs. NEW LED lights. Winch on front, just the right size for an LJ. GVM recently upgraded and rated at 1300KG, so legally ok to tow with LJ onboard. Perfect for collecting firewood once at camp, as it has a great grated area between the wheel tracks. License plate flips up so you don't smash it on tracks...

Looking for $6000 for the lot, may sell LJ on its own, may be willing to swap for a decent road (registered) motorcycle. Won't sell trailer unless LJ is already gone.

not in any hurry to sell, so serious buyers only please.

Stefan
    Stefan,

Big thanks to Troy and Matt for helping get the LJ ready for Zukana, just jealous that I have yet to get as much air as Matt did!

Administrator Club Member Troy Campbell's Avatar
    Firstly NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I could be interested in the trailer if it doesn't go with the LJ.

Only selling if someone will put it to a good home..... Though I do like your response Troy!
    Stefan,

Big thanks to Troy and Matt for helping get the LJ ready for Zukana, just jealous that I have yet to get as much air as Matt did!

Jeep Driver Club Member Walter Diaz's Avatar
    I may have a registered decent bike for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What chu tokin bout Willis????

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Diaz View Post
    I may have a registered decent bike for sale

Not happening unless one of my four cars or three trailers go... You would look good in an LJ though Wal, I'd even let you paint it yellow to match your big jeep!
    Stefan,

Jeep Driver Club Member Walter Diaz's Avatar
    I already have a sports car

What chu tokin bout Willis????

Starting to build up my forum posts Website Associate
    Still available?
    84 LWB WIDE TRACK SIERRA SPOA TWIN LOCKED