Thread: Should've been a mechanic

I post on the forum a bit Club Member Wayne Waddington's Avatar

Should've been a mechanic

After scouring the 'net trying to find any mention of my low range shift problem, I dropped the Jimny in at Action Suzuki in Camellia.

They'll look at it for me..............at $143 an hour !! What ever happened to a hundred bucks an hour ? If I was starting out again, I know what career to pursue.........

Starting to build up my forum posts Club Member
    It's just the stealerships charge more.

That's where I get mine serviced mainly for hassle free warranty claims if they arise. But at $269 capped price service, for an apprentice to change the oil, every time I visit I wonder if it's worth it.

Hopefully they diagnose the issue for you Wayne

I post on the forum a bit Club Member Wayne Waddington's Avatar
    Car back from the Stealership. I have to give them a nod for not taking me on too much of a ride.................$143, fixed. If you're interested, see here for the reason for the Jimny Low Range issue, second and fifth posts.

I also got them to have a look at a peculiar low idle problem (650 rpm) that had developed after my accident back in April. At least this one I couldn't have fixed myself, it required a computer recalibration and was done along with the low range fix all within the first hour for what's probably the minimum possible charge you could ever get. This job effectively done for free.
    Last edited by Wayne Waddington; 08-12-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Standard Zook forum level Club Member Peter Hilton's Avatar
    I guess my mechanic is a cheap one now @ $100 PH, better not mention that to him lol