Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-registering engineered vehicles

Forum Regular Club Member Mark Bonello's Avatar

Re-registering engineered vehicles

No idea how to link this but new rules regarding blue slips on previously engineered vehicles.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1008...2638791741191/

Administrator Club Member Troy Campbell's Avatar
    Thanks Mark. This could potentially effect lots of us and has instantly wiped a lot of previously engineered and unregistered vehicles from being registered again.

Here is the letter that is being issued to Blue Slip inspection stations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMS.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	5143
    Last edited by Troy Campbell; 18-12-2017 at 12:18 PM.

I post on the forum a bit Club Member Dean Edgley's Avatar
    I received an email today from Phil Mudie at the Southern Motoring Association about this, and he said that they're going to check with RMS about what this means for all of us. I'll let you know when I hear more from him.

Starting to build up my forum posts Club Member
    I registered mine like 2 mouth ago and had no problems

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You were very lucky Jordan.

Starting to build up my forum posts Club Member
    Will it give me problems next year when i re-rego my car

Currently no. But the RMS could try and change that at any time.

I post on the forum a bit Club Member Dean Edgley's Avatar
    Latest update I've received:

To all NSWSMA Clubs,

Last Friday, RMS distributed their Notice 35 to all inspection stations (pink and blue slip). That sparked* lot of phone calls to RMS seeking explanation and then an explosion of social media activity over the weekend. By Sunday ACMC was involved and hastily arranged an emergency meeting of the Vehicle Standards Working Group with RMS (it is of course unusual to make contact with individual RMS personnel out of office hours).

The VSWG**(Vehicle Standards Working Group) meeting between ACMC and RMS took place yesterday afternoon and the problems created by the RMS Notice 35 were discussed at length.

RMS has taken on board all the concerns raised by ACMC and has now to decide what can be done to satisfy them. This notice has not only landed on us without warning but has also taken many of the RMS personnel with whom we deal on historic vehicle matters by surprise. It was distributed to all authorised inspection stations on Friday and prompted a flood of questions to RMS and ACMC personnel most of whom had absolutely no prior knowledge of the document.

I have had to respond to numerous questions from our clubs both on the phone and by email so here is a general summary of what this notice means to us as it now stands. We hope that there may be exemptions and modifications to accommodate the issues that we have already raised.

The background in brief is this. The old engineering certification system for modified vehicles**(ECS) was replaced ain January of 2012 by the present system (VSCCS). There has effectively been a six year grace period until now during which the old ECS documents could still be used to register modified vehicles in NSW. Discussion on how and when to end acceptance of the old certificates has been going on for years. That it has popped up now without warning and with some potential nasties included has caused immediate concern and reaction (some over-reaction). Much of the social media coverage which exploded on the weekend is misguided and often unhelpful.

The Notice 35 only affects vehicles which are modified, have old ECS certification and that are now hoping to be registered on either full registration or the Classic Vehicle Scheme.

It is very unlikely to affect any vehicle wishing to enter the Historic Vehicle Scheme unless the ECS relates to the fitting of seat belts.

Notice 35 specifically states that vehicles already registered in NSW with an ECS certificate noted on the registration document will not be affected by this notice.

The ones that are clearly affected are vehicles that have not yet been registered using their old ECS certification or have been taken off registration for a period and now wish to re-enter either full or CVS registration. It potentially also affects vehicle that might at some time in the future wish to return to full registration from CVS.

In many of these cases the vehicles have been unregistered while work has been done on them and some would require fresh engineering in any case.

Some will have gone from full registration to the HVS (some inappropriately) and will now wish to move to the CVS.

One of the groups to be affected in this way are the left to right conversions. Resolution of that matter is therefore now tied up with this issue as well and may be further delayed as a result.

Nothing is simple and we will now face a delay while all implications are considered and ways are*found to provide protections for historic vehicles as requested by ACMC.*

RMS has assured ACMC that they will give this matter immediate attention so hopefully there will soon be further information to circulate. In the meantime we simply have to wait.

Enjoy the Christmas period and travel safely,

Phil Mudie

President*

Sent: Friday, 19 January 2018 10:15 AM
    Subject: Fw: RMS Notice 35 Withdrawn this morning

To all ACMC delegates and NSWSMA clubs,

This was received this morning. Great news. Now we wait for the outcome of VSWG and other meetings.
    Thanks are due to ACMC representatives who succeeded in getting sympathetic understanding from our Roads Minister and senior RMS staff.

Now we wait for the results of further meetings where workable solutions can be developed.

Phil

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMS.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	5157

Here is the latest RMS notice.
    Attached Files Attached Files